“Peace world Green world Mega Public Rally” under Biju Yuva SashaktikaranYojna- Nehru Yuba Kendra :
The organization has conducted a Mega Public Rally “Peace world Green world” was successfully conducted on 12th January, 2015. By the active coordination of Nehru Yuba Kendra (NYK) the Rally was started from Gopabandhu square (Giri Road) to Gandhi Nagar Square through Old Bus stand and Girija Square of Berhampur.
More than hundreds delegates had been participated with high dignitaries person like-Senior citizens / Youths/ Students / Activists in the city. Berhampur MLA and BDA Chairman was Chief Guest of the auspicious programme.
CLIMATE CHANGE EFFECT :
(AWARENESS-CUM –TRAINING PROGRAMME OF FARMER CULTIVATION SYSTEM & DEVELOP OF MEDICINAL RICE, CHEMICAL FREE FOOD AND ITS MODERNIZATION OF AGRICULTURE AND IRRIGATION )
The organization has performed two day seminar at Ramagiri in Gajapati District on 3rd & 4th March, 2010 regarding climate changes of its radical / alternative effect into the Agriculture & irrigation development.
Climate change, which has caused such massive environmental degradation, which requires urgent global problem solving on a new scale. We also need to serious prepare the people of the world for the catastrophic eventuality that looms in the face something that planet earth has faced before. In this context, we should cultivate on scientific approach according to time, place and person and subjective approach through objective adjustment likely to initiate that all farmers should cultivate medicinal rice.
- We are now extending the same approach through regressive Genetic Engineering Technology. In the time all the nutrition and medicines that your body need and cultivate through organic farming system.
- Organic vegetables are healthier due to absence of pesticides residues and contamination.
- It tastes better than most of the products.
- The cultivation work on issue of sustainable agricultural development for marginal farmers, irrigation management with equitable distribution of water and rural development through integrated watershed management.
- To develop to have this location a renewable energy based food processing unit, eco-friendly farmer consumer relations.
- Maximum modernization in agriculture and agro industry, in the co-operative agricultural system, modern equipment must be utilized because such modernization will facilitate increased production.
- If modern equipment is used in agriculture, agriculture will not remain labour intensive and people can be utilized in other activities to enhance to development of the community / country.
- Agricvultural co-operative should be implement by consumer & producer co-operative system. There will be substantial saving.
- women and children will be free from related work so they will get scope to develop themselves. In addition, increased mechanization will link the villages to the cities / towns as a result the standard of living in the villagers will be increased.
Ac’ guniindrananda Avt’ (An Agricultural Research Scholar of Gurukula University), Dr. B.P. Singh (Scientist), Dr. S. Pathik, Retd. Professor of Agriculture (organic farming) under agricultural university of Himachal Pradesh were attended as a trainer of the said seminar. More than 180 farmers / women in tribal area had been participated. There is also taken a practical classes in the Agricultural field. All farmers were more benefited by the Agriculture based seminar which is first kind of there.
PLANTATION PROGRAMME :
On 13-07-2010, the organization planted more than 7000 plants and also distributed / planted at various places like, Berhampur and its adjoining sub-urban areas, M.K.C.G. Medical campus, Ambika Nagar, Hill Patna, Baikuntha Nagar, Tanganapalli, Keranditola, Sundarpur, Dura, Rahada (Beguniapada block), Manitara (Buguda Block), Goudagotha (Surada Block), Baranga (Patrapur Block), and Alasu (Jagannath Prasad Block) also Gurunthi.
Due to Ecological imbalance and to set-up Neo-humanistic ecology, we have started the “Drive plantation’ programme from the day of holy car festival day. We undertook successfully Road / river side Plantation with active cooperation of “World Green Peace Mission”.
OBSERVATION OF WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY :
The organization has been observed the World Environment Day with active co-operation of Green World Peace Mission on 5th June, 2009. In this occasion, our organization has taken strong determination is to be planted variety of plant on both side of road which will cover to all village and town/city at first to make a green revolution.
As per decided by all the generous people / members / sympathizer / to start plantation from the car festival onwards with strong support of local volunteers and like minded people who can care / protection to the plants regularly.
Er. Jagannath Padhy was the Chairperson in the said meeting.
OBSERVATION OF WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY :
The organization has been observed as “World Environment day” on 5th June, 2010 at Gurunthi (Techno City Conference Hall), Berhampur. More than 200 delegates participated towards upcoming “Drive green movement” programme in whole Ganjam district. The meeting program was successfully held in collaboration with “World Green Peace” Mission, a genuine organization working towards plantation all over Odisha . Er. Jagannath Padhy and Acharya Guniindrananda were the Chief Guests who felicitated in the said meeting.
Facilitate sustainable wet lands adoption and mitigation programme :
A climate change mitigation training / workshop & meeting programme organized by PROGREESS at Rambha to the role play by tropical wet lands in climate change adoption and mitigation strategy due to climate change sea water rise. We should plantation of tropical mangroves as positional carbon sinks for climate change mitigation and promote sea side plantation to create dense forest of casuarinas , pines, and mangroves are more efficient step for eco balance in photo synthesis, thus by intake of more carbon dioxide and release more oxygen. Along with Slope Plant, Boundary plant, Wire plant and Surface plant (Acacia Arabica,) should be take step for plantation in neighboring coastal villages.
They also play an important role in prevention erosion of the coast line and such plantation methodology which render benefit to the local community under reducing emission for deforestation and degradation and sea water raise. In such assessment the mangroves forest is being undertaken at the right time as there is a need to assess role played by mangroves in cleaning the environment. While explaining the various ecological plants are to be planted in this region. In this context, we have take decisions to plantation of mangrove, casuarinas, pines, Acacia, palm, coconut etc... Two day workshop was successful conducted with local youths, fishermen communities, and local SHG. More than 84 participated was trained to handle/ propagate on lake and sea side plantation program.